On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 00:00:45 -0400
Lyvim Xaphir disseminated the following:

> > So, keep it up MS and Norton! I made 700 bucks this week!
>
> I had a very similar experience very recently.  Some virii bypassed
> Symantec's NAV scans entirely and were stopped by an open sourced
> scanner I was using.
>
> Quite frankly the latrine level drivel that M$ continues to vomit forth
> is repelling.

Of course, the MS bumboy Tim Mullen on SecurityFocus, has his usual fellatial
praise for those incompetent boobs in Redmond:

"Now, even with these tremendous advancements in XP, [Huh??!!] some people are
going out of there way to find fault with it, as they seem to do with all things
Microsoft. In fact, some of this is just downright hypocritical.
[Howzat?] Security researchers and analysts continually blast Microsoft for
security issues, and have done so forever (I've even done it.) [I don't think
I've ever seen that...] But now that the company has responded in a significant
way, [with what, a firewall that doesn't work?!] it gets bad press for releasing
a Service Pack that might break ISV applications.

The truth here is that if an application breaks, it really did need fixing
anyway."

Ooooh, I see, it's the *application developers* fault for not bowing to MS and
making their apps 'compatible' with this shite called a Service Pack. No, what
we as a 'security community' need to do is abandon MS altogether.

Oh, wait, what's that at the bottom of the page?

"SecurityFocus columnist Timothy M. Mullen is CIO and Chief Software Architect
for AnchorIS.Com, a developer of secure, enterprise-based accounting software.
AnchorIS.Com also provides security consulting services for a variety of
companies, including Microsoft Corporation."

Wow, what a coincidence.

Link:

http://securityfocus.com/columnists/259

--
JoeHill RLU #282046 /  www.freeyourmachine.org
00:14:14 up 9 days, 23:56, 8 users, load average: 1.34, 1.69, 1.61