Dear Club, with all the hundreds of Club Emails I have received, cannot understand why no one has replied tomine, as under. I have in fact solved the scanner problem, that now works perfectly, but only if I use as Root!! perhaps this is a key to the printer solution.

On an Acer Aspire 1300 laptop, AMD, MandrakeMove recognises and installs my HP Deskjet 960C with four suitable drivers and says printer ready and waiting but any printing job is just recorded on the job list with "cancelled" and the printer never starts, have tried every combination of reinstalling, with no success. Similarly, surprisingly this OS is the first to have the drivers for my Epson Perfection 1250 (photo) Scanner. For this it lights the Photo light straight away but does not continue the boot of the main scanner. Graham