On Sunday 15 August 2004 09:31 am, Masha du Toit & Brendon Bussy wrote:

> My question:
> I would like the 90gig Storage to be visible to XP as well as Mandrake.
> For this reason I've been recommended that I format using Fat32. Problem
> is XP only allows Fat32 in volumes smaller than 32gig. Is there any way
> of using NTFS?

As long as you don't want to write to the storage directory from Linux.  MS
does not like to play well with other OS's regarding their filesystems and
since they don't readily publish information about API's for NTFS, you are
taking your chances trying to write to an NTFS filesystem from Linux.

Most people setup a much smaller shared partition using FAT32 and either work
mostly in Windows, occasionally in Linux or mostly in Linux and occasionally
in Windows.  Doing that usually means that it is not necessary to have such a
large shared partition.  You might consider picking one or the other and
partitioning accordingly.
--
Bryan Phinney