C. Tresenriter wrote:
On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 13:57:13 +0100
Derek Jennings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Monday 16 Aug 2004 13:35, C. Tresenriter wrote:

I'm getting no sound while playing .mov files in Totem.
What should I be looking for to resolve this issue?

Is it just .mov files?

Possible causes may be :-
Your mixer control is muted :- Play with all the sliders.

Try a different sound server:-
If you use KDE open KDEControlCentre>Sound>SoundSystem
Select Alsa instead of auto detect.
(KDE seems to select OSS even if Alsa is available)

derek
--
www.jennings.homelinux.net
http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org

I don't use Totem much but have had the same results with .avi files Real Player works as does xmms. Tried Alsa but get a messages telling me there's no such device as /dev/dsp and it will continue to use the null output device.

as root, modprobe snd_seq_oss snd_mixer_oss snd_pcm_oss

john