On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 10:27, Amy wrote:
> Hey everyone!
>
> I've been googling to see if I could get my scanner working under
> Mandrake, and I've getting very very frustrated and disappointed over
> what Google seems to be telling me. Every single page I've found is
> either trying to sell me the Scanjet 3500c, review it, or is some other
> mailing list's archives with someone else asking a variation of the same
> question I'm about to ask here.
>
> Is there any way I can get my HP Scanjet 3500c scanner working? Or would
> I be better off finding a new home for it with someone who's stupid
> enough to run windows still, and go hunt for a scanner that will work
> with Mandrake instead?
>
> I hope someone on this list knows what I can do, because I really can't
> afford to go buy a new scanner right now... but I've got stuff that I
> would really like to scan.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Amy

two possible choices:

1. http://www.lychnis.net/wiki/HP3500C
   "There is a working demo program for the HP ScanJet 3500C, HP ScanJet
3530C and HP ScanJet 3570C: [WWW]
    http://projects.troy.rollo.name/rt-scanners/rtdemo-1.0.tar.bz2. This
    demo can scan images at resolutions of 1200, 600, 400, 300, 200,
    150, 100, 75, 50 and 25 DPI (although 1200 and 400 still have some
    issues with calibration), in full colour mode, and store the results
    in a PNM format image file.

2. A commercial program called vuescan. from http://www.hamrick.com/
    It doesn't list the 3500 amongst it's supported scanners, but you
can download a trial to check it out. I used it a couple of years ago
for a scanner that wasn't supported by SANE and it's good.

--
______
 Paul