On Saturday 21 August 2004 09:56 am, Hoyt Bailey wrote:
> On Saturday 21 August 2004 09:09, Bryan Phinney wrote:
> > On Saturday 21 August 2004 07:01 am, Hoyt Bailey wrote:
> > > Apparantely I was wrong.  The # that I assumed was the
> > > firmware version is listed as TLA # 206.  This number does
> > > not agree with Bryan's number or the Plextor website which
> > > shows 1.06 both of which agree.
> >
> > The most current version of the firmware for that drive is
> > 1.07 IIRC. So, you might want to download the current one and
> > upgrade.
>
> OK thanks I'll put it on the todo list.

   While reading this thread, I got curious about updating my
cd-rw.  Either 'hdparm -i /dev/hd?' or 'cdrecord -scanbus' will
show the firmware revision number. Mine was 1.02, Plextor's site
had 1.05, and the changelog cited improved write support. So I
got these files from their ftp site.
PremiumV105.bin  pxupdate-1.38-i686-pc-linux-gnu*  PXUpdate.txt
(the bin came in a .zip file, but ark handled it)

    According to the .txt readme it all seemed pretty well
straightforward.  Boot to init 1, and run the updater. So I did,
but at lvl 1 the OS couldn't find /dev/sg*.  I halted and then
booted to lvl 3, cd'd to the dir in /home/tom/ I had the above
files in, and ran (as root),

./pxupdate-1.38-i686-pc-linux-gnu dev=ATA:1,1,0 -l
     which correctly found my burner.  Then I ran,
./pxupdate-1.38-i686-pc-linux-gnu dev=ATA:1,1,0 PremiumV105.bin
     which gave me a warning that I should be in lvl 1, but
asked, continue y/n?   I chose 'y' and the flash was successfully
completed in a few seconds.

 tom # hdparm -i /dev/hdd
/dev/hdd:
 Model=PLEXTOR CD-R PREMIUM, FwRev=1.05, SerialNo=115897

        Nothin to it, easy as pie ;)
--
      Tom Brinkman                 Corpus Christi, Texas
               Proud to be an American