Paul,

I read a little of that article too.  I believe it was from Linux
Journal.  IIRC, it stated that it was included by default if you
compiled PHP by yourself.  It went on to give a command you could issue
(php -v, I believe) that would let you know whether or net CLI support
was included.

Hope that helps.  Good luck.

Jason