On Sunday 22 August 2004 22:13, Thereidos wrote:
> W liÅcie z nie, 22-08-2004, godz. 20:35, Kaj Haulrich pisze:

> > > Sometimes I'm really ashamed to be Polish...
> >
> > Thereidos, then feel comfort in the fact you're not Danish.
>
> Why?
> I'm not familiar with any shameful story concerning Danish.

Well, in my country (Denmark) the government has authorized the
police and various "intelligence" agencies to break into every
citizens computer without notice, not to speak of a court warrant.
A similar "carte-blanche" to invade private homes has been in effect
for many years and is used extensively. Our constitution forbids
this, but nobody, least of all the government, cares.

The cover for this - of course - is child pornography, although all
and everyone knows the extent of the governments care for children,
which is nothing to write home about.

For the very same reason people are disencouraged to use anything
but Windows : If open source software were to gain a widespread use
there would be no backdoors into peoples PCs, thus eliminating the
"commisars" capability to spy on the citizens. Accordingly, the use
of Linux would be outlawed.

Ironically, the same government doesn't seem to realize, that just
as they have bought som backdoor keys from MS there might be more
backdoors, allowing MS, CIA, NSA and god knows who to spy on them.

So, in my humble opinion your Polish crackers are nothing but
amateurs compared to the combined forces of MS and and
a totalitarian regime.

Kaj Haulrich.
--
*sent from a 100% Microsoft-free workstation*
         * http://haulrich.net *