On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 10:24, Marv Boyes wrote:
> Hello, everyone.
>
> Some of you may recall my whining in earlier posts about how I've never
> been able to build and install anything from source on my Mandrake 9.2
> system.

<generous whack>

> Marv

Marv, alot of times a particular package is being called for - like a .h
or so; or you get complaints about PKG_CONFIG_PATH= being wrong; alot of
times, you can do a "locate" for the necessary file and then point the
PKG_CONFIG_PATH towards that particular directory:

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/whateverelse/

I know the feeling; and here's something else for ya; sometimes, when
you freshly untar/ungzip something and before you run the ./configure
script, you can always try running:

aclocal
autoreconf
autoconf
automake

...then try running the ./configure script again...just a few tips I've
learnt over the years...

--
stephen kuhn - proprietor
illawarra computer services :: a kuhn media australia venture

You can get everything in life you want, if you will help enough other
people get what they want.