On August 28, 2004 05:46 am, et wrote:
> On Saturday 28 August 2004 00:38, John Wilson wrote:
> > On August 27, 2004 08:17 pm, Marc wrote:
> > > I just tried to use a USB external drive  in ML 10.0 My hopes were that
> > > ML would detect it and add a icon to my desktop like my card reader
> > > did. I was wrong, it was not that simple. Anyone have any ideas about
> > > how to get a External HDD workinh in ML 10.0?
> > >
> > > TIA
> > > Marc
> >
> > Hi Marc
> >
> > My copy of MDK 10 found the drive and added it like a charm. I know that
> > doesn't help a lot but it does show that it can be done.
> >
> > For the record it's an 80 Gig Western Digital drive formated with fat, at
> > least for now. :-)
> >
> > ttfn
> >
> > John
>
> run as root, harddrake2?

Come to think of it, yes.   I'd actually installed it under XP to back up the
last of the data on the XP partition before wiping it out completely.  On
reboot into Linux it was found during the check for new hardware routine by
harddrake.

I suspect Marc could do the same thing with MCC.

ttfn

John
Composed on a 100% Microsoft Free Computer
Guaranteed Virus Free
Mandrake Linux 10.0 OE
Registered Linux User 362316