On Sat, 2004-08-28 at 23:12, Paul Smith wrote:
> Dear All
>
> My computer has a dual boot (Mandrake 10 and Windows2000) and I would
> like to enlarge Mandrake's partition at the expense of reducing
> Windows2000 partition. So, I am here asking for advice about the safest
> and the fastest way of doing this operation.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Paul

It depends on whether you want to enlarge a specific partition because
you are low on space on it, or whether you just want some more storage
available on a linux file system.

If it's the latter, then you can just use the tools under drakconf to
shrink your doze partition, then create a new partition in the free
space and mount it as /data or whatever.

You can use this approach to, for example, increase the storage
available under /home, by just mounting the new partition as
/home/new-name.  This makes /home physically segmented into two, but
allows you to use it logically as a single storage area.

It's a little more complicated if you need to really increase the size
of an existing partition, so perhaps it would be best if you tell us
more specifically what you need to achieve, so we can provide specific
directions.

HTH
Brian