On Saturday 28 August 2004 01:36 pm, Eric Huff wrote:
> > They are tar'd and gzipped.
> > However, I do not seem to have a program in KDE to unzip
> > them.
>
> At the command line you can tar -xvzf  filname.tgz or whatever
> it is called
>
> I made an alias for it since i use it a lot:
>
> alias untar='tar -xvzf'
>

> eric

   Funny I find myself on the 'darkside' in this circumstance, but
for tarballs I prefer to r-click and preview with Archiver (ark),
then choose Extract to.   Mainly cause it handles any kind of
compressed files, even windoze .zips, if you have the proper
decompress utils installed.  Both it an FileRunner will even
handle .rar's

  Tho I usually do those on the CL
--
      Tom Brinkman                 Corpus Christi, Texas
               Proud to be an American