Thanks for the help on permissions earlier. There are a couple more
issues. I have to start firefox and thunderbird from root on reinstall
of md10. Previously I started from root and they were ok on the 2nd
start, but not this time.  Also Thunderbird is not picking up on the
settings in the home folder. Imported profiles on firefox and every
thing was ok. Any help would be appreciated.
john

It seems that there are more apps. that have to start from root. Is there a way to reset permissions as a group? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
John