On Monday 30 August 2004 06:56 pm, Brian Parish wrote:
> Has anyone tried one of these hard drive players with Mandrake?  The ogg
> support and capacity makes it look good, but I wouldn't want to have to
> boot doze to load it!

I have been looking at one myself.  I currently own a iMP-350, but I want to
move to the hard drive player because 1) I am sick of futzing with CDR's, and
2) the ogg support is much better on the hard drive players.  The supported
bitrate is much higher.

My understanding is that they are mounted like any other removeable usb hard
drive or flash drive.  You can then copy anything over to them.

The nice thing about the iRiver's are that the amps in them are pretty well
rated for portable devices.  The iMP-350 was rated very highly as a portable
device by the headphone geeks over at Headroom, and I've heard that quality
has carried through to the iHP series.
--
/g