On Monday 30 August 2004 4:15 pm, Steve wrote:
> After I intsall CUPS from the RPMs and then go to Configure your
> hardware>Printers, it tries to load CUPS again, opens the packages to
> install it (even though I have already installed it) and then fails with
> the message CUPS cannot be installed. It does this every time.

You installed it using rpm, no? Under mandrake one needs to use urpmi, as its
urpmi that is having the problem.

I am not sure how to correct this problem, if there is one.

Now, let the configure your hardware stuff alone, Use the Cups software to
configure it all. Point your browser at http://localhost:631/ and fire away.
The CUPS web interface should come right up.

If you have problems with that, and its a pretty simple interface, then you
can click the on-line help link to get help from the cups website.

Rob

--

Linux Desktop user since 2000,
Home networker since shortly after.