On Tue, 2004-08-31 at 22:10, Travis Crook wrote:
> Hi all,
>       I experience some strange behavior when I try to download files, etc.
> from an ftp site.  For example, when I click the following (to download
> UltraEdit) it times out.
>
> http://www.ultraedit.com/index.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=1
>
> When I click the same link on a Windows box on the same intranet I can
> download it no problem.
>
> I am behind a firewall but so is the Windows box.  I'm guessing it has
> something to do with my Linux box but I don't know what!
>
> Any ideas on why this is?
>
> tia

At a guess, you're using Internet Explorer on the Windows box, and it's
a non-standard site, e.g uses the crap MS called javascript .

if this is true you can do several things:

1. set up your browser to masquerade as IE, (Opera is probably the
easiest),
2. download using windows,

and the MOST IMPORTANT

3. contact the owner of the site and complain about their web page not
using standard HTML coding, thereby reducing their consumer base.

--
Paul M
--------