On Thu, 2004-09-02 at 14:43, warren wrote:
> PM wrote:
> >
> > what does /usr/bin/menudrake (as root in a terminal windows)
> > give you?
> >

> the menu manager came up - but still no way of adding the missing
> bits ( firefox is no longer in /usr/bin and i am guessing neither is
> the Open Office or Mandrake control utilities)
>
> I tried to install firefox again by clicking on the .rpm and where
> it usually asks for a root password this time it just asked what i
> would like to open the file with.

Apologies, I should have said /usr/bin/drakconf  (its one of those days)

Always use the command urpmi rather than rpm.

e.g. urpmi firefox

urpmi drakconf will identify whether mcc is missing & install it if it
is.

To use urpmi you will need to have it set up for the sources you want to
use (CD, Penguin Liberation Front, mandrake Updates, Club, etc) see the
easy urpmi site for advice.

--
Paul M