On Thursday 02 September 2004 06:29 am, John Richard Smith wrote:

> Do you mean to say that the system itself only had to recognise the
> ethonet card for the router/modem to work, you didn't have to spend
> hours and hours in badly documented procedural to get the ethonet card
> configured properly ?

Ethernet is much more ubiquitous and standardized than is USB.  So, if you
suspect you will have problems with ethernet, what makes you think that you
won't have problems with USB?  Personally, I have never installed an ethernet
card (standard PCI type) in any computer with Linux and had problems getting
it working under Linux.  That is not so true for ethernet built into the
motherboard, but for a standalone PCI card, I have never had ANY problems
right off the stick.

USB is quite another story but to each his own.

--
Bryan Phinney