On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 20:19:04 +1000
John Layt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> No official rpms until after the release of 10.1 in the next month or two,
> they claim to not have the time to do both at once.  Got to wonder where all
> that Club money went to...

Well 10.1 is in beta right now, kde 3.2.3 on cooker, of course - but it's probably
going to asymptotically approach 3.3 like the previous version did for 10.0 CE :).

You might want to wait, because kde like everything else is compiled for the new gcc &
glibc. I suppose the .src.rpm's could be rebuilt on 10.0 CE, but 10.1 is coming out
anyway.

> Just be warned it's not a straightforward upgrade, you need to uninstall a few
> kde packages first, such as some -util packges, and Quanta (now in
> kdewebdev).

The kde rpms have become more and more "fractionalized" over time - by that I mean
many things have been divvied up into many different RPMS and there's a lot more of
them to install.