On Saturday 11 September 2004 04:00 pm, Greg Meyer wrote:
> On Saturday 11 September 2004 02:23 pm, Dennis Myers wrote:
> > On Saturday 11 September 2004 09:26 am, Greg Meyer wrote:
> > > I am on Mandrake 10.0 CE, fully updated, with a few of Charles Edwards
> > > updated packages, but with the KDE 3.2.2 that is in the main
> > > repository.
> > >
> > > I am having trouble with Distribution Lists in KMail, and if anyone
> > > else is using them successfully, I would appreciate your help.  I used
> > > to recall that you could manage the lists from the kaddressbook, but I
> > > cannot see anywhere how to do that.  The only place I see to create
> > > them is in the message addressing window of a new message.  Is there
> > > another place to manage them that I am missing.
> > >
> > > Also, when I create a list, and use it to send a new message, kmail is
> > > appending my default domain to the address, and not exploding it to its
> > > component addresses like I would expect.
> > >
> > > Can anybody help?
> >
> > Look in the Contacts folder or sidebar button and you should be able to
> > manipulate from there. I think. : P
>
> Well, I installed kontact and now the list explodes to the individual
> addresses when sending.  Rather annoying that I have to install all of
> kontact just to use a distribution list.
Yes, I am not sure why the KDE folks did that, but I kinda like Kontact
myself.  Since they broke the KDE set up into all those little bits it takes
me a bit longer to do an installation, since I select individual packages
from the long list. Oh well, fun is fun and nothing more fun than messing
with Mandrake Linux.  :)
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842