On Sunday 12 Sep 2004 9:05 am, Ayoub890 wrote:
> Hi,
> Has anybody tried this make replacement?
>
> http://directory.fsf.org/devel/cons.html

No, but that short description doesn't tempt me too much. Automatic
dependency checking depends on parsing the source code. What happens if
I want a source file in a format it doesn't understand? I'd rather have
a separate tool that parsed the code and updated the makefile.

Using MD5 checksums instead of file date seems to lose information; ie
it's different but is it newer or older? That may make no difference of
course, and there is a genuine problem with using the date across a
network.

If you're looking into this sort of thing, you may want to check out
"ant".

--
Richard Urwin