Mdk10 box with smb 3.02 works fine for win98 users but if the clients
want to reconnect to the server (eg they are shutting down their boxes
at the end of the day and want to gain access to their folders next
morning...) ther's no server available in the network neighborhood..

Actually,
* the server _is_ available (eg logging to the box via
web-interface/IP-Address, ssh,...) and
* after a restart the smb-server is available and present in the
neighborhood...

I suggest this is only a little smb-configuration issue (at least I
hope so ;-)
--
 (o>      Best regards
 //\    Harald T ZIPKO