On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 20:44:47 -0400
JoeHill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Okay, I'm a bigshot Silver Club member now, so I get this
> newsletter that I'm eligible to download the MDK 10.1 Community.
> Cool! Not gonna, cuz I don't have a testing box (yet, workin' on
> it), but cool nonetheless.
>
> <rant>
>
> Now, about the wording of the announcement...
>
> 'put some spice back into your computing life'...
>
> That is doubleplusungood.
>
> I don't want 'spice'. I don't think 'spice' is what people are
> looking for in an OS. Need I remind people of the last 'product'
> with 'spice'? They were a blight on the cultural landscape,
> appropriately and quickly banished.
>
> Mandrake, I love you, you've saved me from the hideous world of MS
> Windows. Your marketing dept, on the other hand, I want to have a
> little talk with them. With a bat.
>
> </rant>
>
> --
> JoeHill RLU #282046 /  www.freeyourmachine.org
> 20:32:01 up 43 days, 20:18, 7 users, load average: 1.42, 0.83,
> 0.41+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> Rule $19.99 (Brad `Squid' Shapcott): The Internet *isn't* *free*.
> It just has an economy that makes no sense to capitalism.

The first and last complaint I ever had was the brain dead marketing
and lack of response from the real "Mandrake" wherever and whatever
it really is.

If not for this list, I would have been off to other (if not
greener) pastures years ago.

Lee

--
My new address is "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".  Current address will not
work after