On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 22:33:53 +0200
Alan disseminated the following:

> What is the easiest way to update mandrake.
>
> I try throught the MAndrake Update program but it finds a list of sites
> but always fails to download information from the sites.

Go here, and follow the instructions carefully:

http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/

Then you can either go through Mandrake Control Center, as it appears you have
already tried, or do, as root:

urpmi --update --auto-select

That command will update all packages on your system for which there are
bugfix/security updates.

--
JoeHill RLU #282046 /  www.freeyourmachine.org
16:52:00 up 44 days, 16:38, 4 users, load average: 1.26, 0.65, 0.46