On Friday 17 September 2004 06:34 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> You might also want to look at a package called "kvirc"  this is what I use
> and prefer.
> If you do a google search you should find a package for Mandrake 10.

Kvirc is also my favorite IRC client.

Rather than installing the Mandrake 10 rpm, I'd suggest installing the CVS
version. The client is under active development and there have been lots of
changes, additions, and bugfixes lately. It's been evolving steadily for
years.

It's a great client, has excellent scripting support, and a nice systray icon
too. There are also pop-ups that can be enabled in the newest CVS that pop up
on the desktop when there is certain activity. There is good DCC and voice
chat capability too.

If you need any advice on obtaining the CVS version of Kvirc and dealing with
the cvs and compilation/installation, let me know. I have a couple of recipes
that I can send along to make it easy to install. If you're going to go with
the CVS (which you can keep up to date easily too), don't install the rpm.

Compiling from CVS isn't hard at all. And you can just cut-and-paste commands
into a Konsole window. You'll have to deal with a few package dependencies
when you read the output of the ./configure command the forst time you get
ready to compile, but with urpmi sources set up it isn't difficult. And the
CVS version is worth the extra work.

Rick Kunath