On Thu, 2004-10-14 at 07:09, Brandon Rife wrote:

> Nope, I was starting from run level 3. I created a .xinitrc file in ~ to
> launch Gnome.

Install Xtart and don't muck around with your .xinitrc unless you truly
know what you're doing - at least it allows you to run any number of
installed window manglers and desktop environments - and is really nice
and easy to install (urpmi Xtart)

--
stephen kuhn
mobile: 0410-728-389
illawarra and regional new south wales
GNU/Linux/OpenSource Solutions and Alternatives
100% Microsoft Free and no viruses
Keep in mind always the four constant Laws of Frisbee: (1) The most
powerful force in the world is that of a disc straining to land under a
car, just out of reach (this force is technically termed "car suck").
(2) Never precede any maneuver by a comment more predictive than "Watch
this!" (3) The probability of a Frisbee hitting something is directly
proportional to the cost of hitting it. For instance, a Frisbee will
always head directly towards a policeman or a little old lady rather
than the beat up Chevy. (4) Your best throw happens when no one is
watching; when the cute girl you've been trying to impress is watching,
the Frisbee will invariably bounce out of your hand or hit you in the
head and knock you silly.