On Friday 15 October 2004 07:33 pm, Randall D. Hobbs wrote:
> On Friday 15 October 2004 04:13 pm, Dan Gordon wrote:
> > Hello all,
> > I just installed Mandrake 10.1 community and am running kernel
> > 2.6.8.1-10smp which is working real well for me this time.  I need the
> > kernel source. Question is I see only a kernel source 2.6.8.1-10 (does
> > not say smp) is this what i need or should i be looking for something
> > else ?
>
> Hi Dan. That's what you need. Grab that, then install it. Then go into
> the /usr/src/linux directory, and do as follows:
>
> # make mrproper
> # cp /boot/config-`uname -r` .config
> # make oldconfig
> # vi Makefile (set the EXTRAVERSION to what you have)
>
> Your kernel source should then be properly prepared for your kernel, and
> you'll be good to go.

I tryed this but when trying to install nvidia drivers the error I get is
something about not being able to determin the source version.
I have had these problems with smp before so i think im just going to
reinstall with a regular kernel and source and try again.
Thanks for the info I may try this again soon but right now I need things
running by tomorrow.

Regards,
Dan Gordon
--
Fri Oct 15 20:49:12 EDT 2004
 20:49:12 up 10 min,  2 users,  load average: 0.44, 0.25, 0.11