David Trethewey wrote:
For some reason if my printer is connected to the computer and switched on during boot, it causes KDE to crash at the peripherals stage. The printer is an Epson C40UX, I'm using Mandrake 10.0. Anyone know anything about this problem?

David

Don't have an answer, but I've found that KDE does have a tendency to crash on load-up at the peripherals stage whether my printer is switched on or not. (At least my version - 3.1 does.)

What I'm trying to say is that the problem you are having may not necessarily be causally related to your printer.

Then again, I could be completely wrong about tbis.