Dan Gordon wrote:
On October 17, 2004 01:06 am, Marek Pawinski wrote:

I am having a lot of segfaulting, my kernel, update kernel uninstalls
itself and after a day or two my rpms i download seem to go bad with
a smp kernel on ML OE, did you have these problems ? Can i run a
normal kernel on a Hyper Threading machine ?

Marek

I had the same problems with Mandrake 10, now im running Mandrake 10.1 and smp is working very well.
Yes a normal kernel should work just fine for you. What version of Mandrake are you running ?

Regards,
Dan Gordon

I tried ML 10.0 Official at first and then i tried ML 10.1 Community with the same results. I will try the normal kernel, can i leave HT enabled in the BIOS still though with the normal kernel ?

Marek