On Monday 27 September 2004 01:40 am, Alexander Ruoff wrote:
| Hi Bryan,
|
| thx for the help, but somehow it didn't solve the problem. I also got a
| problem with my usb-stick, of which I have now 3 registered in fstab...
| every time I insert the stick, it's getting a new registry in fstab.
| Seems like I wait till 10.1 and see if the problem still exists.
|
| AR

Comment out all the lines for your usb-stick in fstab.  Reboot your system one
time.  If the stick is recognized correctly, and it probably will be, and
your new entry for it is added to fstab by Harddrake/kudzu, go to the MCC and
turn off Harddrake--uncheck the box for starting "on boot".  Reboot.  If the
stick is still working you can leave Harddrake off, unless you install some
new hardware.  Harddrake is a cool tool, but I never leave it on once I get
my system working because it can mess up and discover hardware that I already
have installed.  It is especially bad about re-recognizing USB components.

As for your CD/DVD--aren't those scsi emulated??  I haven't got one, but I
"thought" that DVD drives were /dev/scdX not /dev/hdX.  Either way, you may
have the wrong dev number.