Hi all,

There's an amazing lack of screaming about 10.1 CE which is very promising
indeed.

I've downloaded it and shared out till I've had the time to update which is
today.

The installation went very smoothly with everything setting up beautifully
with the exception of a networked printer and I already know how to fix that,
I hope.

One immediately seen disappointment, though not a big one, is that as near as
I can tell CD 5, which someone said would have KDE 3.3 on it, doesn't.  The
KDE as installed is a mixture of KDE 3.2 and 3.3 and seems to work just fine.

Most packages don't seem to all have the 10.1 identifier on them.  A lot still
show 10.0 and a lot don't have it at all.  Not a problem just an observation.
Might make things interesting when OE comes out but I'll deal with that then.

Mandrake Update comes up with a list of alleged update mirrors, none of which
either exist or work.  Not sure what is up because Mandrake Update says they
exist and the Club says they don't.  So I tossed in a 10.0 OE update site in
the hopes that that will catch something.  I'm starting to get used to
Mandrake Update being borked but this is getting a bit tiresome, you know?

Now comes the fun part and trying it all out.  Except, once again, for the
update mirrors problem, it's an excellent job and everone involved needs to
be congratulated.

Now if Warly can just leave the mirror structure in peace for a while. :-)

ttfn

John
Composed on a 100% Microsoft Free Computer
Guaranteed Virus Free
Mandrake Linux 10.0 OE
Registered Linux User 362316