List,

Apologies if this is a repost, I didn't see the original.  Recently I
changed my user password and now when I lock the screen my password is
refused.

I tried killing the xscreensaver (from root) with unsavory results.  So
I turned automatic screensaver lock off. Untill I can fix it.  What
should I look at in remedying this problem?  I am using gnome 2.4 with:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] terryg]$ rpm -q -a | grep xorg
libxorg-x11-6.7.0-0.2.8.9mdk
xorg-x11-100dpi-fonts-6.7.0-0.2.8.9mdk
xorg-x11-Xnest-6.7.0-0.2.8.9mdk
xorg-x11-cyrillic-fonts-6.7.0-0.2.8.9mdk
xorg-x11-server-6.7.0-0.2.8.9mdk
xorg-x11-xfs-6.7.0-0.2.8.9mdk
xorg-x11-6.7.0-0.2.8.9mdk
libxorg-x11-devel-6.7.0-0.2.8.9mdk
xorg-x11-75dpi-fonts-6.7.0-0.2.8.9mdk

Thanks in advance,

Terry

Terry Golightly ... t_dot_golightly-at-verizon_dot_net ... Pgh, Pa
Mandrake Linux release 10.0 (Official) for i586 kernel
2.6.3-15mdk-i686-up-4GB
22:43:05 up 13 days, 5:16, 1 user, load average: 0.33, 0.15, 0.05

idiot box, n.: The part of the envelope that tells a person where to
place the stamp when they can't quite figure it out for themselves. --
Rich Hall, "Sniglets"