On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 22:35, Todd Slater wrote:
> Anyone on the list use a Mac with OSX? I'm about to get one at
> work and was wondering how easy it is to use the FreeBSD under
> the hood--such as for installing apps I'm accustomed to like
> vcdimager, instiki, and others.
>
> Todd

Laura just got an emac with OSX, so i am learning my way through it.

Anyway, I won't be much help as far as installing linux-ish apps,
but it sure is nice to be able pop open a terminal and ssh, run
emacs, etc like i am used to.  It realy is (to me) a breath of fresh
air compared to helping people with windows or the earlier mac os's.

There are the occasional huge annoyances like not being able to see
the entire path in the file manager, and Safari is very
uncomfortable to me (i installed firefox 1.0PR, which runs with a
couple bugs).

eric

--
Mandrake HowTo's & More:          http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org