On Tuesday 05 October 2004 16:46, Edgars Smits wrote:

<snip>
> It's splash=silent and still doesn't solve my problem. With that
> set I get a text mode LILO start, but then as soon as the init
> starts it goes to a light blue screen with a bar area in the
> middle that never actually fills in as it boots, the words
> Community 10.1 with a graphic line, that's it, it doesn't even
> say hit ESC for details like it used to, however ESC does work.
</snip>

Well, my system boots just the way you want, I think.
My /etc/lilo.conf looks like this :

# File generated by DrakX/drakboot
# WARNING: do not forget to run lilo after modifying this file

default="linux"
boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/map
keytable=/boot/dk-latin1.klt
prompt
nowarn
timeout=40
message=/boot/message
menu-scheme=wb:bw:wb:bw
image=/boot/vmlinuz
        label="linux"
        root=/dev/hda5
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img
        append="devfs=nomount resume=/dev/hda6 "
        vga=792
        read-only

And so on and so forth......

I don't have the "splash=silent" statement either. And, honestly, I
don't know what "resume" does ? - Havent' seen it in other
versions.

HTH
Kaj Haulrich.
--
*sent from a 100% Microsoft-free workstation*
         * http://haulrich.net *