On Thursday 07 October 2004 00:14, Vlada wrote:
> Hi!
> I have a problem with instaling mplayer.tar on Mandrake 9.1(donīt know how
> to do that).
>

> After unpacking ( tar -xf mplayer.tar )there are 7 files:
> rp9codecs.tar.bz2
> MPlayer-1.Opre4.tar.bz2
> win32codecs.tar.bz2
> essential-20040427.tar.bz2
> font-arial-iso-8859-2.tar.bz2
> qt6dlls.tar.bz2
> skins.tar
>
> What should I do with these files?
> Can someone tell me(in detail) how to make program work.

Don't bother trying to compile mplayer. It is way easier to install a
precompiled binary.

Go here http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/

Follow the instructions to add on line sources for 'plf', 'contrib' and
'updates'  (if you do not already have an update source.
Make sure you pick sources for 9.1
Copy the commands it gives you into a root terminal.

(Tip : - Copy/paste in linux is highlight/click mouse wheel )

Then using your Mandrake Software install GUI install mplayer and mplayer-gui
All the other stuff will get installed automatically.

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net
http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org