> Mandrake 9.1 cannot detect my modem intel(r) 536EP V.92
> I downloaded ScanModem, to detect what modem I have.
> After unpacking and addint +x permition when run from console ./ScanModem
> there is a massage:
> WARNING: lscpi not found - exiting
> Please install the package: pciutils
>
> How to install this package?
> What else shoud I do to make my modem work under linux!

I have an intel 536EP modem. I did manage to get it just about working under
9.0 and 9.1 using the drivers from Intels site, but it was a gruesome task
and involved a convoluted detection routine using minicom after each boot-up.

Under 9.2 and 10.0 I have never been able to get it working at all.

I know that it is not what you asked for, but my advice would be to ditch this
modem and get an external serial modem which will just work out of the box
with no hassle at all. I eventually did this and then kicked myself for all
the time I had wasted on the 536EP

HTH

Pete
Ardnamurchan Scotland