On Friday 08 October 2004 10:14, GV wrote:
> I think it should be something with the 10.1 distro!!!!
>
> Any people from Mandrake ever heard of this problem??

I've got 10.1 installed  on a few boxes and laptops without any ssh probs.
Connecting is no big deal......I couldn't do without, actually:)

Assuming that you aren't connecting as root, you do have to give the specific
username to get connected or at the least prompted for a password...i.e. "ssh
[EMAIL PROTECTED]". if your BSD box uses a different port than 22, use the -p
switch...i.e. "ssh -p n [EMAIL PROTECTED]" where "n" is the portnumber.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with 10.1's handling of ssh so it HAS to be
your settings!
But if you want real help you'll have to supply more info than just "I can't
connect"
Maybe something like the output you get when running with the "v" (verbose)
flag....!
--
Good luck,
HarM