On Fri, 8 Oct 2004, GV wrote:

> The firewall isn't a problem as the same Notebook (with the same eth
> card etc.) does make the connection without a problem when running
> Knoppix 3.6 Live Linux on it!!! Besides, no firewall is activated on my
> Mandrake box. The "known_hosts" file was also deleted but no effect!
>
> I think it should be something with the 10.1 distro!!!!
>
> Any people from Mandrake ever heard of this problem??

Well, I'm from Mandrakesoft, and also happen to maintain openssh. I can
assure you it's working for a variety of connections (although I don't
have accounts on any BSD boxen).  I'd need to see the whole post of the
-v session.  You could also try to force protocol 1 (-1).

--
Stew Benedict
Mandrakesoft