On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 19:12:42 -0400
JoeHill disseminated the following:

> I installed libtrash from source to work with a ROX app, and it would not work
> for me. The 'make' command provided no uninstall routine, so I did something
> *really* stupid. I deleted the shared libraries in /usr/local/lib called
> 'libtrash', assuming they were a result of the source install I did. Nope. In
> deleting /usr/local/lib/libtrash.so, I can no longer run any command from the
> shell. I'm afraid to even close an app or log out, only to find my system is
> hosed.
>
> If anyone knows where I can get this file, or is running 9.2 and can get me a
> copy of this file, greatly, greatly appreciated.

Okay, really, I'm going to bed. Turns out that file *was* part of the source
install I did. Shell commands would not work in that particular term because I
had issued this command:

export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/local/lib/libtrash.so

Closing that term and opening new one, all seems well.

BTW, anyone ever get this libtrash to work? I followed the instructions to the
letter, it's supposed to create a ~/Trash dir, but no go here.

--
JoeHill RLU / #282046 / www.freeyourmachine.org
19:18:01 up 74 days, 19:07, 6 users, load average: 0.22, 0.16, 0.10