Op Tue, 19 Oct 2004 16:45:06 +0100 schreef Q.H. Wang:

>Just several minutes ago, I had a power off in my institute. What
>surprised me was that when I tried to access some web sites (I
>intentionally did this to see what would happen) my laptop with MDK box
>(10.0) freezed. Is this normal?

Do you mean this happened WHILE the power was down? Or after restarting
the PC's?
And in the latter case, did things work again well after another
restart?

> By the way, what should I do since I
>found there is 0.2% & 1.9% non-continuous space or files in my root and
>home partition respectively?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

That is nothing to worry about. Files get moved around and deleted by
Linux, and that will create 'empty' parts on the disk. Those empty parts
will be filled with files again sooner or later. You need not run a
defragmentation program like MS Windows requires.

Paul

--
When all is said and done, much more gets said than done.

http://www.nlpagan.net/linux.htm