Jack wrote:

I think xosl is now called osl2000, which is the boot manager I'm
using...

- Jack

From what I can gather from the osl2000 web site, XOSL is an entirely different boot manager.

I haven't tried the osl2000 product, but based on the screenshots, I'd still prefer XOSL.

It looks like the original web site is down, but is mirrored here, including the download section as well as the docs and screenshots.

http://www2.arnes.si/~fkomar/xosl.org/

I wasn't able to discover whether osl2000 fits inside the MBR, though I am guessing that it does because it claims not to need a FAT or NTFS partition to install into. Based on what I read, XOSL does a better job of hiding partitions, and since it does not have to fit into the MBR, offers the ability to have multiple backup copies of changed MBRs as well as lots better graphical setup and configuration screens.

Take a look at XOSL and let me know what you think, you've got osl2000 experience and I don't.

Rick Kunath