On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 05:01, Fajar Priyanto wrote:

> Hi folks,
> Since mdk10.1 finally released, I decided to upgrade my mdk9.2.
> I performed it first in my desktop pc. The process went smooth, until the
> bootloader stage, when it errored about:
> Cannot install bootloader
> DOS path in ..... (some hexa codes)
>
> This failure makes me hesitate to upgrade my mdk9.2 in the notebook where I
> use for everyday work and where I store many data, especially emails in
> Kmail.
>
> Any idea why the bootloader installation failed?
> Thanks.

I experienced the same (in doing an upgrade and not a clean
installation); but could never quite figure it out; in reality, though,
I would truly suggest doing a clean installation instead of an upgrade.
We had quite a number of issues with the upgrade although it appeared to
go smoothly at first.

--
stephen kuhn
mobile: 0410-728-389