On Saturday 23 October 2004 18:15, Tom Brinkman wrote:
> On Friday 22 October 2004 06:30 pm, Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> > I just followed Tom's advice and upgraded to the present
> > cooker, including the (separate) install of the new kernel.
> > Everything seem to work perfectly.  So, now I supposedly run
> > the upcoming 10.1 Official - right ?
>
>       Yes, and if you did it after last Thurs., you have a few
> updates.  Now cooker hasn't unfrozen quite yet, but will soon. So
> delete your cooker sources and switch to 10.1 mirrors now.
>
> > Just after that I received the usual alert from Mandrake about
> > security updates.  OK.  But when comparing those update
> > versions to my "cooker" versions, mine seems to be newer.
> >
> > Can anyone explain ?  - Tom ?
> >
> > Kaj Haulrich.
>
>        The newer files almost certainly have the security (and
> bug) fixes.

Thank you, Tom.  I've been away for the week-end, hence my late
reply.

Now,  I followed your advice ( I always do) and issued the command :
urpmi.removemedia -a
Which effectively deleted all my sources.  Fine.

Then, I went to the "easy urpmi" site at :
http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/
and found no way to add 10.1 official sources.  Possibly because the
"easy urpmi" site was updated last saturday (the 16.th.) - O.K..

Next, I visited some mirrors, but I regret to say : IMHO they are at
a total mess at the moment.  For example : what is "current"  ? -
what is the difference between "devel" and "cooker" and why is
everything being moved down the directory structure to "main" ?

Maybe I am too conservative, but I found the "old" structure easier
to manouver.

So for now, I'll obey the good, old rule : "if it ain't broke, don't
fix it".

Maybe tomorrow - or some other fine day - Trem at zarb.org will sort
it out and provide us with an updated site.  I allways enjoyed this
excellent service.

Thanks again, Tom.

Kaj Haulrich.
--
*sent from a 100% Microsoft-free workstation*
         * http://haulrich.net *