On Mon, 2004-10-25 at 09:59, Drew Poland wrote:
> I don't have DSL, I have cable.

So since you have cable, you are setup for a static IP on the cable
router, right? Or, exactly, how do you establish your connection?

--
stephen kuhn
mobile: 0410-728-389
illawarra and regional new south wales
GNU/Linux/OpenSource Solutions and Alternatives
100% Microsoft Free and no viruses
Registered User # 267497
As part of an ongoing effort to keep you, the Fortune reader, abreast of
the valuable information the daily crosses the USENET, Fortune presents:
News articles that answer *your* questions, #1: Newsgroups:
comp.sources.d Subject: how do I run C code received from sources
programs that are posted in the sources newsgroup. I save the files,
edit them to remove the headers, and change the mode so that they are
executable, but I cannot get them to run. (I have never written a C
program before.) Must they be compiled? With what compiler? How do I do
this? If I compile them, is an object code file generated or must I
generate it explicitly with the > character? Is there something else
that must be done?