Steve Chase wrote:
> first attempt at linux here, have 10.0 amd64 up and running,have rpms
> for video and motherboard on a cd but can not fiigure out how to install
> them, even have some rpms (bittorrent) on my desktop but cant figure out
> the basics.
> amd 3000+
> asus k8n-e deluxe (onboard lan not recognized)
> msi geforce 4 4400ti
> wd 60 gb on ata (recognized) linux
> 2 seagate 80gb sata(recognized but not as the mirror the are) xp
> linksys lan on pci
> liteon cdrw/dvd
>
> Steve

Well one option would be to create a directory, name it what you
like, example would be Local_software. Copy your rpms to that
directory. Then in terminal window as root type "drakrpm-edit-media"
without quotes and add that directory as local media.
Then you can in terminal "urpmi name_of_package" or use the
graphical installer "drakrpm"
(which may be easier if your new to linux) to install the rpms you like.

Mike