N. B. Day wrote:

On Mon, 2004-10-25 at 10:55, Miark wrote:

Is anybody here running vmware with the 2.6 kernel?

Miark

I am, on 10.0 Official with no problems: vmware workstation 4.5.2-8848.
You have to run the configuration tool vmware-config.pl to compile the
plugin modules for the new kernel (and for every bugfix kernel release
subsequently) but this is dead easy.  I haven't tried it on 10.1 CE yet.

It works also on 10.1. The difference is though that each time you have to compile the plugin modules again, which has to do with udev. I've found a workaround somewhere; you have to place the following lines in de vmware script in /etc/rc.d/initd/vmware after line 811 and before the text:"# See how we were called":

# Place VMware vmnet nodes for UDEV
if [ ! -c /dev/vmmon ]; then
       mknod -m 600 /dev/vmmon c 10 165
fi