At 06:26 PM 10/25/2004, you wrote:
I will second Margot's words, but also add that another problem can be
timeouts from the server you are connecting to.

I always connect to the server with Konqeror before I add it to my sources,
and I avoid .edu sites as they seem to shut down sites on the weekends.

And I also use the lists at mandrakeclub, as a link to the files is provided,
and I can easily check the speed of the server.

Rob

On Monday 25 October 2004 1:47 pm, Margot wrote:

> To obtain the updates, instead of using the GUI you must use urpmi.
>
> Open a root terminal, & give the following command:
>
> urpmi.update -a --no-md5sum && urpmi --auto-select
>
> This will update all your media, and show you a list of updated
> versions of any packages you have installed.

And, if there are any updates to be had but there are dependency issues, urpmi will ask if it can install what's needed and then go and do the download/update for you all automagically. I've got this in a script file that cron runs every day.

--
Linux User #183693
http://counter.li.org/

Dennis Duffner