On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 09:52:03 +0200
Alexander Ruoff disseminated the following:

> > How can you know exactly who it came from? I realize that such mostly
> > comes from infected windoze boxes, and I'm thinking that someone out
> > there who has my email in their address book has a virus which has been
> > spoofing my address, like the one Tom & Karen Pino got. The question is
> > who?
>
> I remember that under Windows 98 I had a tracing program with which I
> could follow the trace of the email or even an web-address with a nice
> graphical output, showing from which pc the mail was send or where the
> website was hosted. Don't know if such a program exists for linux as
> well.

I remember that! I used to snag IP's from BlackIce, people who were scanning for
trojans, then use another program to send them the 'ping of death' (back when
that still worked). It was fun watching their ping go flying up to 999 and then
*poof*, they were gone. Ah, the good ol' days :-)

--
JoeHill / RLU #282046 / www.freeyourmachine.org
19:03:46 up 83 days, 18:54, 4 users, load average: 0.26, 0.13, 0.04