Miark wrote:

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 12:09:07 -0500, Tom wrote:

Yes, but in newer Mandrake versions the CD drives are seen as dev=ATA:0,0,0 I use 0,0,0 for example only, 'cdrecord dev=ATA -scanbus' will return the actual numbers. The ATA device (burner) is linked to the numbers. EG, on my system dev=ATA:1,1,0 => /dev/hdd So 'md5sum /dev/hdd' returns the md5sum on the CD.

BUT, it will not be correct unless you use the -dao option when burning the iso to CD. I burn on the CL using,
'cdrecord -v -eject driveropts=burnfree speed=16 dev=ATA:1,1,0 -dao <name_of.iso>'

Hi Tom,

At your suggestion, I tried using the following cdrecord command:
cdrecord -v -dao dev=ATA:1,0,0 speed=8 gracetime=2 driveropts=burnfree
but the md5sums of the ISO file and /dev/hdc were still different.

Any other thoughts?

Miark

gracetime=#
             Set  the  grace  time before starting to write to #
             seconds.  Values below 2 seconds are not allowed.

I bet that changes the md5sum ???

John