On Thursday 28 October 2004 22:48, Stew Benedict wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > From the Expert list:
> > <quote>
> > 10.1 official updates are slated to be released Nov 1.  I see a
> > kdebase 133.1.101mdk in that tree (not publically accessible).
> > </quote>
>
> But...
>
> I see people saying they have problems even at runlevel 3 and
> with different window managers, so I can't really imagine kdebase
> has much to with it.

That remains to be seen, Stew.  Maybe I blundered somewhere, because
I only did a "telinit 3" and a logout/in Gnome, where the problem
persisted.

Earlier today I tried a reboot (among plenty) into runlevel 3, but
that option seems to have been borked along the way.  At the
bootsplash, hitting <esc> and then : linux 3 results in a kernel
panic.  That no mystery to me, what with all those kernels I tried,
removed and re-installed , each time editing lilo.conf.

Of course I could edit inittab, but, honestly, I'm too tired now and
after all, I have a job to attend to.

Let us all pray for a happy Nov. 1.st.....

Kaj Haulrich.
--
*sent from a 100% Microsoft-free workstation*
         * http://haulrich.net *